Do you want to shape our story with your personality, expertise and ambitions? At Hydro we are a global family of 30 000 people that extract, produce, shape and reuse the world’s most flexible and sustainable metal into infinite innovations and applications. Click here if you would like to read more about Hydro and our operations.
Exciting job opportunity in Hydro Aluminium Metal’s Technology and Operational Support Organization
Zero-carbon aluminium is the future of aluminium production, and we need a business analyst who want to support us achieve our ambitious targets.
Hydro Aluminium Metal is a leading supplier of low carbon aluminum with a global production network of around 5,000 employees. With primary metal production facilities in Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar, and recycling facilities throughout Europe and in the U.S., two-thirds of our primary aluminum production is based on renewable energy.
Aluminium is a key enabler in the green transition, but production must become emission free. Technology development is our greatest opportunity in reaching zero-emission production.
The Technology and Operational Support (TOS) unit is part of Hydro’s Aluminium Metal business area, with the main task to drive technology development and support the commercial and operational units in improving profitability and sustainability. TOS has an exciting agenda, working towards achieving zero emission aluminium production, through initiatives like carbon capture & storage solutions, groundbreaking new process technology and digital solutions.
TOS is strengthening the team that manages our program to decarbonize aluminium production. For this team we are looking for a curious and collaborative Business Analyst with strong analytical skills, interest in technology development and eagerness to drive increased value creation.
What we offer
You will join a highly skilled organization in Hydro with around 180 employees connected to our technology hubs in Norway and Germany, representing a wide range of technical expertise. Together we work to push the boundaries of low carbon aluminium.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to work with technology development projects that are of high importance for reaching both Hydro’s sustainability and profitability ambitions.
Area of Responsibility
The Business Analyst is part of the Program Management Office for the Program to decarbonize aluminum production in Hydro. Main tasks are:
- Responsible for / Supporting on analytics and business case development for key programs, from early phase development to full industrial roll-out
- Key analytical / modeling work within various fields, like:
- Deep dives in and benchmarking of technology / business opportunities
- CO2 cost development and scenarios
- Valuation and financial scenarios
- Support and facilitate the portfolio management process through our Product Development Model, including project reporting, yearly planning process incl. short- and long-term strategy
- Develop and own tools, models and solutions supporting the strategic guidance of project and business development
- Support on identification, application and reporting for external funding possibilities
- Convert numbers into analysis, and make storyline and recommendation
- Tasks and responsibilities will change over time depending on requirements in department and changing circumstances, preferences and development need
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g., in Industrial Economics, Finance, Business Administration or similar
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint is a requirement. Experience with other analytical tools is an advantage (SAP analytics cloud / SAC, PowerBI etc.); willingness to learn new tools and be ambassador for use in organization
- Experience with business case development, modelling and financial valuation
- Experience with technology or product development processes is an advantage
- Interest in and willingness to dive into technology details, to understand, learn and put it in a business case context
- In depth business understanding/drive to learn, including key value drivers and correlation to market
- High level of written and oral English is required
We believe you have strong communication and storytelling skills, and that you are comfortable presenting analytical findings and strategic topics. You should be able to work structured and with high quality, and you are service minded with excellent collaboration abilities.
We will consider both newly graduated and more experienced candidates.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 21/08/2022
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: (Norway +47) 91583773
Marte Muri Soerensen
Phone: (Norway +47) 90948996
Please refer to DN.no in your application.