Executive Assistant for our client
With more than 40 offices in the Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia-Pacific, Horton International is dedicated to helping you attract and retain the most qualified professionals.
We are a strategic partner with our clients, and with great dedication and high quality to be a long-term business partner in providing skilled Managers through executive search, both nationally and internationally.
We are one of the leading executive search companies in the Nordic countries and we conduct over 250 qualified recruitments to senior positions every year with clients all over the Nordic countries. We specialize in the Board as well as higher managerial and specialist recruitment.
Over 30% of the turnover in Horton International Norway, is international, meaning we are conducting Executive search for Norwegian Companies abroad.
Our client is an international NGO (Non-Govermental Organization) based in Oslo.
- Science-based global platform
- Non-profit dedicated to transforming the food system through sound science, impatient disruption, and novel partnerships.
- Non-profit founded by the Executive Chair in cooperation with several international centres and trusts
Everything they do is guided by a set of principles that define their character and working culture. These values are the shared convictions that they bring to their professional and personal conduct.
To ensure success, the organization connects, and partners, across science, policy, business, and civil society.
Presentation of the role
Our client is the working Executive Chair (EC) and founder of the organization. The client has a busy national and international agenda and keeps a fast pace. The EC is a international profile, with high energy and enthusiasm.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant (EA) who is very systematic, has good coordination and communication skills. High integrity and the ability to exercise discretion are a prerequisite.
The EA reports to the Managing Director
Required skills and experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Thrives with multitasking
- Quick and efficient problem-solver
- Excellent English and Norwegian communication skills
- Contribute to a healthy workplace culture
- Be used to working independently and orderly
- Loyal and conscientious with high integrity
- Experiences as a Executive Assistant on Executive level in international companies/organizations
- Enjoys high tempo, manages stress well and thrives in an agile working environment
- Used to being proactive and one step ahead of your executive leader
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Be fully responsible for personal and executive matters of Founder and Executive Chair
- Manages the EC’s email and notify her about any important email that requires her attention and action. When needed, you respond and send emails on the EC’s behalf
- Ensures that the EC has received all the preparatory and background documents before her meetings
- Manages the EC’s calendar and meetings and invites relevant team members to EC’s meetings, if suitable
- Plans the EC’s travels, including and not limited to, booking travel, accommodation, and transport
- Manages the EC’s speaking invitations and coordinates speaking engagements in support of the Senior Director of Strategy
- Reminds the EC of important tasks and deadlines
- Handles emails addressed to the organization
- Manages the EC’s finances, prepares monthly budget updates and supports the EC in cutting costs and saving money
- Books the EC’s personal appointments
- Oversees household staff and staff schedules
- Undertakes ad hoc personal errands
- Manages personal events
Desired profile for the position
Higher education such as Bch or MBA preferably, but not a must
- Candidates must have 2-5 years of experience
- Relevant experience from an organization or company with a leader who keeps a high pace and who has an international aspect
- Work experience from an academic enviroment
- Good administrative skills, proactive, tidy, and committed
- Analytical, have good collaboration skills and ability to build relationships
- Good implementation skills, independence, and willingness to work independently
- Ability to see the whole picture and connection strategically
- Keep a cool head in hectic weekdays
Excellent English and Norwegian, spoken, and written. English is the working language.
There is no personnel responsibility in the role.
Some evening and weekend work must be expected, due to EC's national & international travel activities
Please feel free to contact our Managing Partner, Bjørn Ågotnes for a confidential conversation.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.