Senior accountant to market leader in shipping
We are looking for a service minded Senior Accountant to support our Norwegian subsidiaries with general accounting tasks, monthly closing process, group reporting tasks and statutory reporting requirements. The senior accountant shall also make sure the entities are compliant with the group's accounting policies and the group's internal control framework and policies related to financial reporting. The role reports to Manager Accounting and Financial Control.
Located at Lysaker we offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world. We look forward to receiving your application.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our reporting schedules and accounting policies
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Monthly group reporting (to group consolidation system)
- Reporting to authorities (VAT, statistical information, etc.)
- Responsible for SAF-T reporting for all Norwegian entities
- Regular dialogue with resource centres which handles AP/AR transactions and travel expense processing
- Reconciliation of payroll accounts in general ledger vs. Payroll system including tax and benefits reporting to authorities
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Contact with local auditor
- Ad-hoc financial tasks
- Bachelor/Master's degree in accounting or audit
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience from accounting/auditing
- Highly skilled in Norwegian rules, especially related to VAT (SAF-T) and travel settlement regulations
- Experience with preparation of Norwegian tax returns and understanding of Norwegian tax rules is an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting rules is an advantage
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good command of written and oral English
- Fluent in Norwegian (written and oral)
- Ability to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities
- Ability to proactively work on own initiative and in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills with an awareness of different cultures within your customer base, team and organisation
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What will you get from working with us?
- Varied responsibilities, challenging tasks, and development in a truly global company
- Competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
- Social activities, access to company cabins and other benefits
- Our office is located a short walking distance from the Lysaker, Norway train station. We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues from around the world.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values we live by: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Andreas Kleiven, Advisor at FinancePeople, at 948 87 566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 121 processing centres and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has over 8000 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 2.9 billion for the full year of 2020.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.