Group Financial Controller
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve industries, energy and gas companies with leading hydrogen technology. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our hydrogen solutions cover the entire value chain from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing all fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
Play a key role in the green transition, as Group Financial Controller at Nel.
If you are passionate about the green transition and have strong accounting expertise and a structured approach to problem-solving, we want you to join us as our new Group Financial Controller. You will have the overall responsibility for the group’s consolidated accounts, including follow-up of subsidiaries, and will work in our Oslo office, collaborating with colleagues who are the best in their respective fields.
You are self-going, can drive initiatives and are motivated by creating results together with your colleagues. We are looking for a candidate with strong accounting expertise and a structured approach to problem-solving. The position reports to Group Chief Accountant and will be part of the Group Finance team.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- responsible for developing and maintaining accounting procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, internal and external
- have an active role in ESG reporting procedures
- lead in strategic financial projects, including implementation of group-wide consolidation system
- responsible for strengthening the internal control procedures
- contribute to continuous improvements of finance processes and routines
- cooperate with external auditors to ensure an efficient audit process
- higher degree in accounting, finance or audit, preferably State Authorized Public Accountant
- 5-7 years relevant experience from similar company structures and/ or audit companies
- IFRS knowledge
- insight and understanding of tax and transfer pricing
- proficiency in English is required, both written and spoken
- you are a person who are outgoing with a positive attitude
- have strong cooperation- and communication skills
- you are analytical and with the ability to have the overview
- are structured and with the ability to implement and deliver on time
- place high value on integrity and trustworthiness
What will get from working with us?
- to be a part of a strong finance team which contributes to the green shift that will give us all a better future
- a challenging job in an international company with a leading position in the market
- get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- good development opportunities in a company in strong growth
- competitive salary and good insurance and pension schemes
- our office is located in Karenslyst Allé, close to all public transport at Skøyen. We offer a contemporary workplace and frequent interaction with colleagues across our locations.
Nel is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Our values we live by: Commitment, Honesty and Boldness
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Anne Hilde Nilsen, on mobile 975 89 490 or email email@example.com. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.