Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Business Development Director, Hydro REIN
The planet is facing unprecedented climate change and moving away from fossil fuels is the only viable solution. Our goal is to help our industrial clients succeed with the energy transition to ensure a more sustainable future.
Hydro REIN is an industrial venture fully owned by the global renewable energy and aluminium company Hydro. We facilitate access to affordable renewable power sourced from our portfolio of hydro, solar and wind projects in Brazil and the Nordics. We also help our clients improve energy efficiency, reduce emissions, and cut costs.
We are now looking to hire a Business Development Director, who will drive project origination for our entire customer and project portfolio.
This is an excellent opportunity to realize renewable projects and leads on an industrial scale!
What we offer
- Opportunity to be a key contributor in building the project portfolio in a new company with industrial weight
- A new position, giving the right candidate room to shape the role and grow their career through professional and personal development
- An international and dynamic work environment in an ambitious “start-up” environment with the necessary support and financial back-up to succeed
- Be a part of the business for the future and join us for an exciting journey
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Research, identify and assess entry into new markets through greenfield projects, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions
- Contribute to managing ongoing relationships with new and existing development partners and projects
- Lead and/or participate in due diligence processes and work closely with internal departments – e.g. investment, tax, accounting, finance, technical, legal – on the assessment of opportunities
- Support commercial and contract negotiations
- Provide support and assistance to other teams such as in the financing and structuring of projects, construction, and operations activities
- Undertake ad hoc assignments as required
Who are we looking for?
- You have experience from developing wind projects in the Nordics or Europe, and have a track record of successfully initiating, negotiating, and closing deals
- We believe you have relevant higher education, professional experience, and networks
- You have an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, and the ability to connect with both public officials and business executives
- You have strong communication skills and professional proficiency in English and a Scandinavian language
- We believe you are someone who appreciates the diverse and dynamic environment in Hydro REIN, and who wants to be a key contributor in Hydro REIN’s role in the industrial energy transition both in the Nordics and beyond.
You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and work closely with the rest of the Commercial team as well as the wider organisation. Some travelling will be essential in this role.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background checks.
Apply before: Wednesday 10/09/2022 at midnight, CET
If you have any questions, please contact:
Tor-Ove Horstad, Chief Commercial Officer
Phone: (Norway +47) 90777846
Phone:(Norway +47) 98006451
Please refer to DN.no in your application.