Do you have experience with audit or controlling? Visible and challenging role in the renewables industry.
Want to join a frontrunner in renewable energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally? Since the establishment in 2007, Scatec has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building and operating solar, wind and hydro power plants and storage solutions. Driven by our company values and competent global workforce, we aim to deliver competitive and sustainable renewable energy globally; protect our environment and improve quality of life through innovative integration of technology; and create shareholder value. We are present on four continents and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Scatec is in a phase of solid growth and is looking to strengthen the company with an ambitious Business Controller to our Development and Construction segment. This is a highly visible, challenging, hands-on, dynamic and wide-ranging role covering activities such as business partnering with non-finance teams to add value across multiple business units and projects, driving strategy and profitability across all areas.
The position is a key resource in the Finance team and will report to the Business Controlling Manager.
- Delivering high quality management information and analysis to support business unit leaders in decision making
- Understanding and explaining the key business drivers and trends that will maximize profitability and cash generation
- Interpreting data, both financial and non-financial and understanding the impact of these on the business
- Developing reporting and KPI dashboards
- Supporting and preparing the budgeting and forecasting for your segment in line with the group timetable, with completion of reports and commentaries
- Manage risks and opportunities for the different business units and projects
- Support on project controlling
- Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant stakeholders (Business Controlling Manager, Finance and Asset Managers in the subsidiaries, and others) to identify and discuss issues, and suggest improvement
- Support on projects related to the development, structure and improvement of the group’s management reporting processes Liaise with different internal stakeholders (Financial Controlling, Legal, Tax, Treasury, Local Finance Managers, Development team, etc.)
- Assist in external audit activities
- Master’s degree in finance, Business or equivalent
- 2-6 years relevant work experience, preferably from an international environment
- Experience from Big Four audit companies is preferred
- Ability to consolidate data from several sources for presentation, being able to efficiently process and evaluate large data volumes and propose actions based on findings
- Ability to build strong networks and collaborate efficiently with functions outside of finance. Support management and project team in making sound business decisions
- Quick learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Master Microsoft suite and Business intelligence tools
- Fluent in English, written and verbally
- Overall curiosity and ability to contribute to finance areas such as Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Financial reporting and systems, Asset Management and other internal stakeholders
- You enjoy challenging tasks, taking on new responsibilities and are a self-starter
- You are hands on, operational and enjoy handling a wide set of tasks in a dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial self-motivated and able to independently drive projects
- You communicate well, build strong relationships and have commercial acumen
- You understand and adjust behavior and communication towards different cultures
- You can meet deadlines and are self-driven
- Flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure
Scatec is an exciting, innovative, and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse, and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec's vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together
Please submit a short application letter and CV in either English or Norwegian through OPUS Finance's web systems. All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be processed on a continuous basis.
Scatec is a leading renewable energy solutions provider, accelerating access to reliable and affordable clean energy in high growth markets. As a long-term player, we develop, build, own and operate renewable energy plants, with 4.6 GW in operation and under construction across four continents today. We are committed to grow our renewable energy capacity, delivered by our 700 passionate employees and partners who are driven by a common vision of ‘Improving our Future’. Scatec is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ‘SCATC’.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.