Real Estate Analyst
Promenaden Management AS is owned by the London based MARK, a leading private equity real estate manager with over 90 billion NOK assets under management across Europe. The company manages a portfolio of prime retail and commercial buildings in central Oslo with over 8 billion NOK in value. The portfolio is owned through a JV by MARK and Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), the world’s second largest sovereign wealth fund.
The portfolio consists of ten high street retail assets and two department stores (the iconic Steen & Strøm and Eger) located in the heart of Oslo’s premier shopping district around Karl Johans Gate. The tenant mix is represented by luxury retailers, including Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Dior as well as high-profile office tenants. The portfolio has a strong business plan that needs to be executed in the coming years. This is an excellent opportunity to gain full exposure within a private-equity fund as part of a dynamic and agile team.
Together with the local management team and the owners, you will support in evaluate and compare possible investment strategies and leasing opportunities, as well as engage in several asset management activities with the final goal of providing added value to the joint venture. You will have a central role in the business plan process and constantly monitor the KPIs for the portfolio. You will maintain and develop financial models and cash flows.
The successful applicant will have some experience in financial modeling, strong attention to detail, and be a proactive problem solver. The role requires completing some creative thinking tasks - so self-discipline and an independent working style are necessary. The position reports to company’s CFO and will have a direct line to MARK.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Together with the finance team, assisting in the financial analysis and modelling for the annual Business Plans, rolling Forecast and quarterly review
- Preparing ad hoc analyses to support real estate deals recommendations to be presented to the owners for approval,
- Mantain, monitor and develop financial models (cash flows, capex, IRR, NOI etc. )
- Preparation and reporting of Real Estate KPIs for the portfolio
- Maintain, control, and update the Rent Roll on monthly basis
- Data-driven analyses of key business lines across Leasing, Operations, Facilities Management and Construction
- Support the annual appraisal process with external valuers
- Higher education in economics or finance, master’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in real estate is preferable but not essential
- Financially numerate with proficient working knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge and understanding of financial terms (IRR, NPV, money multiples, etc.)
- Highly analytical, ability to elicit the required information and translate into useful data
- Understanding of accounting principles useful but no accounting qualification required
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Strong quantitative and numerical skills with an analytical background
- Good organization skills and ability / flexibility to run a variety of tasks at once
- Professional and positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm and ability to critically apply new knowledge to a variety of situations and scenarios
- Total commitment to high standards with a particular focus on attention to detail
- Ability to manage time, prioritize workload, meet deadlines and be a self-starter
- Fluent in English and preferably in Norwegian
We can offer
- Full exposure within a private-equity fund
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Very dynamic and international working environment
- A first-class real estate portfolio
- Great premises in central Oslo Competitive conditions
We require applicants to submit a CV, cover letter and all relevant academic transcripts. Applications should be submitted no later than 15 November 2022, and please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. If you have any questions, please contact Haron Ascanio Cazzaniga, CFO at +47 982 18 532 or firstname.lastname@example.org