Are you our next Finance Manager?
To Wilhelmsen Global Business Services (GBS) we are hiring a Finance Manager to join their Global Finance team. Wilhelmsen GBS consists of HR, Finance and IT, and delivers these services to the majority of all companies within the Group. As a Finance Manager you will have overall accounting responsibility for Wilhelmsen Ships Service, one of the Wilhelmsen Group’s companies. This includes being responsible for accounting quality and compliance, ensure quality of complex intercompany transactions, monthly, quarterly and year-end closing, and group reporting.
The ideal candidate has relevant experience from a senior finance function, preferably from an international organization. You will join an extensive finance department and be part of a culture and work environment of strong leadership, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating. The position will be located at Lysaker, Norway, and report to the Head of Accounting.
- Overall responsible for accounting quality including compliance to relevant local accounting standards, local tax, VAT and IFRS where relevant
- Prepare monthly / quarterly / year-end closing and group reporting
- Ensure high quality and control of complex intercompany transactions, and cost allocations
- Be the point of contact within finance and accounting related communications towards network, and internally
- Perform balance sheet and income statement analysis, and develop direct reports
- VAT reporting - including foreign sites
- Prepare year-end documentation such as yearly reports and tax calculations
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Communication with and assistance to external auditors
- Mandatory government reporting (SSB)
- Drive and support continuous improvement and develop and document new processes
- Assist with establishing internal controls and monitoring compliance with Global Policies
- University degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior finance function, preferably from a global multinational company
- Strong understanding of NGAAP, and knowledge of local tax and VAT rules. Understanding of IFRS is a plus
- Proficient in the use of Excel, and a general good system knowledge. Experience with IFS would be considered an advantage
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Fluency in English and one Scandinavian language written and spoken.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and requirements in a constantly changing environment
- Understand the need of the customer and to be able to efficiently communicate complex issues
- Strong team player
What we can offer:
- Central role in the professional environment in Wilhelmsen GBS, with many possibilities for career development
- Chance to execute and/or support ongoing projects of digital development within finance and accounting
- Dynamic and international work environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working conditions (home-office, flexible hours etc.)
- Modern office facilities close to train and bus connections, with our own in-house canteen, gym facilities and parking
- Multiple social activity offers, for instance kayaks, sailing, football team, boot camps etc.
- Multiple cabins available for Wilhelmsen employees
If you can see yourself in this role, please apply and upload your resume, and a few words on why you should be our new Finance Manager.
Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group founded in 1861. We have the biggest maritime network in the world, with a presence in over 2 200 locations globally. We serve over half of the worldwide merchant fleet with products and services, and supply crew and technical management for some of the most complex vessels in the world. We also develop new and daring solutions, shaping the maritime industry for the future. Our investments seek to explore and develop new opportunities within the energy-, offshore- and maritime industry. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation, and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.