CFO to Norwegian Joint Venture between Nidec and Freyr
Do you want to make a difference and contribute to the promotion of renewable energy and the efforts toward realizing a decarbonized society
Nidec Energy AS, a joint venture between Nidec and FREYR, is now seeking a driven and experienced CFO to build its finance function and contribute to the strategic direction of the overall business as a key member of the executive management team. The role will be based in Oslo (location to be determined), with regular business travels to Mo i Rana.
- Co-ordinate and drive strategy and planning activities in partnership with CEO of the JV and Nidec management
- Ensure robust systems of risk management and internal control, including implementation of finance IT system/ERP and adhering to Group’s delegation of authority, policies, regulations etc.
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly and quarterly financial reporting in accordance with NGAAP statutory / IFRS to Group
- Financial analysis and business controlling, hereunder implement, track, follow up and report on key performance indicators
- Optimize treasury/cash management and expense control
- Establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships, hereunder various Nidec and FREYR corporate functions and tax/audit/accounting advisors
- Oversee the budget process, including collection and validation of input, follow up and communicating performance
- Ensure the JV finance organization is built to fulfill needs of the business as activities ramp up towards planned start of production in 2025, and and is able to support the company’s future strategy
- Master's degree in Accounting, Business or other Finance related subject
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from relevant position, preferably from an international company and/or big 4 audit firm
- Proven track record of senior leadership, building finance organizations and being a trusted advisor towards senior management
- Strong understanding of manufacturing environments, the business model and key value levers, including experience from financial planning and analysis
- Fluent Norwegian and English is mandatory, both verbally and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset that thrives in a start-up environment
- Responsible, self-driven and structured
- Hands-on, pragmatic and solution-oriented
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships and operate within complex stakeholder environments across geographies and business cultures
- Challenging and varied tasks in an international business environment
- Career opportunities as part of a large, ambitious multinational corporation
- Competitive terms and conditions
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 firstname.lastname@example.org or Henriette Kjærås Aaberg on 976 15 226/ email@example.com.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
On 30th August 2022, Nidec Corporation (“Nidec”), the world’s largest small precision motor manufacturer in the automotive, the industrial, and the appliance sectors, signed a joint venture agreement with FREYR Battery Norway AS (“FREYR”), a Norwegian company with innovative semi-solid lithium-ion battery manufacturing technology.
As part of the agreement, FREYR will supply 38 GWh of cells to the joint venture company from 2025 to 2030, with an option to upsize the volumes to 50 GWh in the period and potential additional volumes beyond 2030.
The objective of the alliance is to jointly create a global leading provider of utility scale battery energy storage products drawing on FREYR’s innovative, low-carbon battery technology and Nidec’s leading position in utility scale energy storage systems.
The joint venture company’s shareholders will be Nidec 66.7% and FREYR 33.3%, while the headquarters will be based in Oslo, Norway.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.