Do you want accounting responsibility for your own portfolio of companies?
On behalf of Wilhelmsen Global Business Services (GBS) we are hiring a Senior Accountant to join their Global Finance Accounting team. Wilhelmsen GBS consists of HR, Finance and IT and delivers these services to the majority of all companies within the Group. You will join an extensive team of skilled professionals and be responsible for accounting A-Å for your own portfolio of companies.
We are looking for an experienced accountant with a passion for accounting, and ready to take the responsibility to deliver quality services. Our ideal candidate is organized, positive and solution-oriented, and wants to widen his/her experience and knowledge by working in an exciting and dynamic international environment.
We can offer a culture and work environment of strong leadership, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating. The position will be located at Lysaker, Norway, and report to the Head of Accounting.
- Handling your own portfolio of companies with accounting A-Å
- Reponsible for accounting quality and compliance in portfolio, including local tax and VAT
- Ensure quality and on time monthly reporting to group accounting for consolidation
- Quarterly and yearly reporting, including preparing documentation, tax calculations, tax papers and other mandatory year-end reports
- Point of contact regarding questions related to accounting and financial processes
- Overall responsible for relevant supporting documentation to GL
- Supplier invoice control, and payments
- Responsible for assessing and evaluating significant amounts in P&L and Balance Sheet
- Monthly accruals
- Intercompany follow up
- Communication and assistance to external auditors
- Other government reports, like SSB reports
- University degree in accounting, finance og equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years from a relevant position, either inhouse or from accounting firm
- Strong understanding of NGAAP, and knowledge of local tax and vat rules
- Proficient in the use of Excel, and a general good system knowledge. Experience with Visma Business would be considered an advantage
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Fluency in English and one Scandinavian language written and spoken
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and requirements in a constantly changing environment
- Strong team player
What we can offer:
- Central role in the professional environment in Wilhelmsen GBS, with many possibilities for career development
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working conditions (home-office, flexible hours etc)
- Modern office facilities close to train and bus connections, with our own in-house canteen, gym facilities and parking
- Multiple social activity offers, fex kayaks, sailing, football team, boot camps etc
- Multiple cabins available for Wilhelmsen employees
If you are interested in applying for the position please submit your CV and motivation letter
Please refer to DN.no in your application.