With operations all over the world, Hydro covers the entire value chain of aluminium. From raw material extraction to developing the sustainable aluminium solutions for the future, our people are our number one asset.
We are a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents. We are present in all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, serving more than 30,000 customers.
We are looking for a Group Controller to join our team in Group Accounting and Reporting. The department is responsible for preparing Hydro’s quarterly and annual external financial- and sustainability reports, defining Hydro’s accounting- and ESG reporting policies, and developing Hydro’s Internal Control framework.
You will be part of a highly skilled team working with resolution of IFRS/ accounting related issues in close cooperation with Business Area representatives and Group functions. The team performs consolidation of Hydro’s group financial statements and the Business Areas/ segments.
We offer an exciting opportunity to gain a broad understanding of Hydro. This position offers an attractive platform for personal and professional growth as well as professional networking possibilities in the company.
Areas of Responsibility:
As part of the team, the Group Controller will:
- Be continuously updated on developments within IFRS, and be a driving force in processes around the implementation of new accounting rules in the group
- Participate in preparation of annual financial statements and quarterly reports
- Drive processes and secure resolutions related to accounting issues
- Perform consolidation of Business Area/Hydro in cooperation with Business Area representatives
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes
- Participate in Corporate and/or Business Area level projects when relevant
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 5+ years’ experience with consolidation and accounting related issues
- Preferably experience from auditing and/or with consolidation in a medium/large sized corporation
- Strong IFRS competence
- Effective English skills, both verbal and written, is a requirement
Desired personal skills:
- Independent and proactive
- Systematic and with a structured approach
- Self-driven and operational
- Curious, with a dynamic and flexible mindset
- High level of integrity
- Desire for continuous professional development
The position will entail broad communication with the business areas and will provide opportunities to learn about the business as such. Due to the nature of Hydro’s business, interesting and professionally challenging accounting related issues will arise, thereby providing excellent opportunities to broaden practical application of IFRS and consolidation skills for the successful candidate.
For more information or enquiries please contact:
Knut Røste Leganger-Krogstad
Please refer to DN.no in your application.