Senior Special Credit Officer / Senior Credit Officer
The NORDIC INVESTMENT BANK can offer you the chance to do banking that makes a difference. The projects that we finance serve to make the Nordic-Baltic region sustainable and competitive. Also, we are an International Financial Institution, which will give you the possibility to work with international experts at a high professional level. The challenges you will face working at NIB are comprehensive, providing you with valuable experiences also on an international level. We are a close network of some 230 people located in the heart of Helsinki. The atmosphere is international, and our official internal language is English.
The Risk & Compliance Department at NIB is seeking a
Senior Special Credit Officer / Senior Credit Officer
with the main responsibility to lead the workout and restructuring operations of the Bank as part of the Credit Unit within the Risk & Compliance Department in Helsinki. The Risk & Compliance Department is responsible for the management, control, and reporting of the Bank’s financial and non-financial risks to safeguard the quality of the Bank´s risk management including credit risks in line with NIB´s decided risk appetite.
The Credit Unit is, in addition to the Bank´s workout transactions, also responsible for the administration of the Bank´s Mandate, Credit and Compliance Committee, the Bank´s Credit Risk Policies and Guidelines, and sign-off on all credit related proposals to the Mandate, Credit and Compliance Committee/Board. The main tasks of the team also include responsibility for rating frameworks and rating tools. The position offers excellent insight into the Bank’s business activities as well as a unique opportunity to learn more about credit risk management. The Special Credit Officer reports to the Head of the Credit Unit.
- Advice, participate and negotiate in the Bank´s process of managing distressed loans.
- Meetings with clients and relevant stakeholders representing the Bank in Special Credit related business and institutional relationships, including senior officials of other multilateral and public or private stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Special Credits operations of the Bank are in line with the Bank’s strategy, fulfilling NIB standards and operational principles whilst safeguarding the Bank’s reputation and interests.
- Education, communication, and information regarding Special Credit transactions, frameworks, tools, credit policies and guidelines within the Bank.
- Reporting and presentation on the Bank´s distressed loan portfolio to management and relevant departments within the Bank.
- Member and Deputy Chair of the Bank´s Special Credits Meeting.
- In addition, participate in the work of the Credit Unit in e.g., assessing and sign-off on credit proposals prior to final decision in Mandate, Credit and Compliance Committee / Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in finance, legal, economics, or another related field.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in a professional environment from origination, structured finance, Special credit or credit, or similar role in banking or financial institution.
- Familiar with credit and work-out processes, loan documentation and credit analysis.
- Comfortable with taking independent negotiation decisions within approved boundaries and limits.
- Excellent negotiation skills with experience from complex situations involving senior level stakeholders with sound decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team with several senior stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
- A strong verbal and written command of English (knowledge of Nordic/Baltic languages would be an asset).
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment with excellent time management skills.
We offer you
- A unique opportunity to work in a diversified team with highly skilled credit risk experts.
- An opportunity to work with other risk management experts in the Risk & Compliance department.
- Demanding tasks with opportunity to develop both the breadth and depth of your professional skills and gain insights into the global capital markets.
- The potential to develop the Bank’s Credit Risk management and Special Credits practices.
- An international working environment and competitive remuneration package.
- A new perspective on the financial industry based on NIB’s position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries.
The position is located at the NIB headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
For more information about the position, contact Harry Peltonen, Head of Credit, +358 10 6180 481, firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about employment at NIB, please contact Iina Leporanta-Varjus, HR Business Partner +358 10 6180 408, email@example.com.
To apply for the position and for more information about NIB, please visit www.nib.int (Jobs). The deadline for submitting your application is 12 February 2023.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment, and cooperation.
In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience. The Bank has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination, which includes discrimination based on gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, family status, religion, health, political activities, or any other comparable circumstance.
NIB is a professional expert organisation and encourages employees to continuously develop their professional competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.
Please refer to DN.no in your application.