Grieg Ammonia Distribution Vessels (Grieg ADV) will design, build, own and operate next-generation green ammonia tanker vessels. Through its owner, Grieg Edge, Grieg ADV has obtained Norwegian state funding with Pilot-E grants to develop the concept further.
Grieg Edge is a dedicated innovation company focusing on sustainable solutions for the maritime industry. Its main business areas are energy and infrastructure, short sea transport, services for the offshore wind industry, and Ocean Ventures. Being a part of the Grieg Maritime Group, Grieg Edge accesses the knowledge and competence of its sister companies.
Grieg Maritime Group AS is part of the Grieg Group with industrial roots back in 1884. With innovation and sustainability as cornerstones for their business, Grieg Maritime Group creates maritime solutions for a better future. Building on over 60 years of experience within Open Hatch and bulk shipping, the group of companies now host a variety of businesses associated with the maritime industry. The largest owner of the Grieg Group is Grieg Foundation.
Grieg Edge is seeking an ambitious Business Developer for our new green and sustainable business initiatives.
The right candidate will be a key resource in the company’s initiatives within green hydrogen and green ammonia and, in particular, the development of our new subsidiary for the distribution of green ammonia, Grieg Ammonia Distribution Vessels (Grieg ADV).
The right candidate has a strong business mindset, problem-solving abilities, entrepreneurial spirit, and strong communication skills. You will work closely with the other business developers and key stakeholders within the Grieg Maritime Group.
Scope of work:
- Develop business models, business cases, exploit funding sources, and commercial opportunities
- Identify and secure potential industry partners and establish partnerships to further develop existing investments
- Conduct analysis and assessments of relevant markets and business opportunities within the Group's focus areas
- Develop knowledge and expertise on the relevant aspects of the ammonia distribution concept
- Work closely with internal and external project teams and stakeholders
Desired background and qualifications:
- A strong academic record from a leading university
- Work experience from management consulting, or other relevant industrial roles
- Passion for the maritime industry and interest in the industry’s green transition
- Experience in commercializing business cases and the ability to develop strong customer relations
- Strong analytical, commercial, and technical interests
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in Norwegian and English
Desired personal characteristics:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and partners
- Collaborative, independent and a flexible attitude
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a humble, balanced and hands-on personality
- Drive and passion for sustainability and value creation
Anine Astrup Glittenberg
Please refer to DN.no in your application.