Head of Human Resources
- Nordic Investment Bank
- 1. mars 2023
- 21 March 2023
- Bank / Finans / Forsikring
- HR / Personal / HSEQ
NIB is looking for a new Head of Human Resources. We offer you a key executive position in a front-runner international financial institution.
The NORDIC INVESTMENT BANK (NIB) offers you the chance to do banking that makes a difference. The projects that we finance benefit the environment and improve productivity in the Nordic-Baltic region. We are an International Financial Institution (IFI) owned by the eight Nordic and Baltic countries, and we offer you the possibility to work with experts from around the world. The challenges you will face working at NIB are unique and will provide you with valuable experiences. We value diversity and we are a close network of some 230 professionals located in the heart of Helsinki. The atmosphere is international and our official working language is English.
NIB is now looking for a new Head of Human Resources to join the Bank
Head of Human Resources and Member of the Executive Committee
The Head of Human Resources leads the HR activities for NIB, and is a member of NIB’s Executive Committee, reporting to the President and CEO. The position is based at the Bank’s headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. The term of service is initially for a five-year period, which may be extended.
The Head of Human Resources is responsible for the HR and people management strategy and development in NIB. Emphasis in the role is put on taking a strategic view to uphold and develop NIB’s HR culture to fit the purpose, on the mission and strategic direction of the Bank as well as on leading the HR processes. In addition, the NIB HR function also supports Nordic Development Fund (NDF) and the Nordic Environmental Finance Corporation (NEFCO).
The Head of Human Resources is expected to possess:
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and develop staff;
- Several years of leadership experience, preferably from managing an HR function;
- In-depth knowledge of the HR field, including end-to-end HR processes;
- Good understanding of employment conditions and practises, including employment law;
- Ability to execute and think strategically;
- Solid interaction, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong motivation to drive equality, diversity and inclusion matters within NIB;
- Discretion, high level of integrity and ethical standards;
- Fluent English skills, both spoken and written;
- General knowledge of the financial sector and banking is considered a benefit, all international experience is an advantage;
- Academic or other suitable degree in a relevant field.
We offer you:
- A unique opportunity to work for an IFI with a mission to support the sustainable development in the Nordic and Baltic region.
- The possibility to impact the strategic direction of the Bank in the Executive Committee.
- Contribute to developing the NIB culture in line with NIB’s values.
- A flexible way of working combining office life and remote work.
- A dynamic workplace in the heart of Helsinki.
NIB offers an international banking environment and competitive remuneration package. Our unique position as an IFI provides a novel perspective on the financial industry.
We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
For more information about NIB, have a closer look at our website www.nib.int.
Further information about the position can also be obtained from any of the consultants at Heidrick & Struggles, Patrik Hammar, +46 736 66 46 62, Tuomo Salonen, +358 50 62 133, Sara Råsmar, +46 73 685 94 99, or Vera-Maria Lehtonen from NIB, +358 10 618 0379.
Applications, together with a CV, should be submitted in English and emailed to email@example.com, no later than 21 March 2023.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment and cooperation.
In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience.
NIB is a professional expert organisation, and encourages employees to continuously develop their competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.
Find your place at NIB
Our employees share the experiences of working with us and living in Helsinki. Hear the stories about how they found their place at NIB.
Would you like to learn more about who we are and what working at NIB is like? Read what our employees have to say.
Please refer to DN.no in your application