Risk and Internal Audit Manager to shipping company
CoolCo is a ship owning and ship management company in the LNG business. We provide first class in-house technical and commercial management services to a total of 30 LNG vessels, of which 12 is owned by the company. The company also has 8 additional LNGCs and 9 FSRUs owned by third parties. CoolCo is a new entity that has taken over the shipping business of Golar LNG. We are happy to have a large new shareholder onboard with substantial leverage in the shipping industry and with a strong intention to expand our business to become a market leader in LNG shipping.
CoolCo is listed on the Euronext Growth in Oslo and on the NYSE under the symbol “CLCO and CLCO,OL”, respectively and is incorporated under the name Cool Company Ltd. in Bermuda, with offices in London, Oslo, Split-Croatia and Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia. The Company employs a little over 100 shore employees with 50 people in Oslo
CoolCo is seeking a Risk and Internal Audit Manager to help design and implement an internal control framework that ensures SOX compliance, whilst keeping pace with and supporting our business. The role is expected to utilities the internal control platform to further enhance Coolco’s governance activites by building an effective risk management and internal audit function. The position is located in Oslo and reports to the Head of Risk and Internal Audit based in London.
- Be the “go to” for all things SOX and internal control matters.
- Partner with key process and control owners to ensure controls are effectively designed (includes annual assessment, walkthroughs, and remediation efforts); early identification of potential changes impacting key controls (changes in underlying process, people, system, or control).
- Liaise with external auditors to provide requested deliverables, answer queries, and facilitate meetings with control owners.
- Agree, monitor, and report on remediation efforts.
- Ensure all SOX documentation is maintained (current and with proper change control).
- Perform operating effectiveness testing on behalf of management (effort will increase year on year).
- Plan and undertake audits or reviews as committed within the annual internal audit plan approved by the Audit Committee; this could include policy or contractual compliance assessments, process improvements, control validations, etc.
- Prepare and present internal audit reports, findings, and monitor/report management actions (to the Audit Committee).
- Support the company in designing and implementing a fit for purpose Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Be the “go to” for Risk – help drive and foster a risk aware culture.
- Higher degree in accounting, finance or audit, preferably master’s degree.
- Minimum 4-6 years relevant experience from audit and/or internal control related work in an international business environment (Big 4).
- Understanding of internal control concepts, enterprise risk management and audit principles (SOX experience is a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Analytical and structured with excellent project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
- High integrity and self-driven with ability to work both on own initiative and efficiently as part of team.
- Able to communicate results/findings confidently to a wide range of audiences.
- Challenging and varied tasks in a newly established international shipping company.
- Brand new offices downtown Oslo from February 2023.
- Competitive terms and conditions.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.