Founded in 1890, Kubota Corporation is a leading manufacturer of agricultural, lawn and grounds care, construction equipment and industrial engines. With global headquarters in Osaka, Japan, offices in more than 120 countries and more than 55,000 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, Kubota generated sales of approximately $20,4 billion (2022). In addition to the main production line of agricultural equipment, Kubota offers a diverse portfolio of other products. These include e.g. B. urban water filter systems, irrigation technology, pipelines, roofing, housing and large underfloor valves. Kubota considers food, water and the environment as a singular theme, and aims to realize a sustainable society through a proper cycle of these elements using technology and solutions.
“For Earth, For Life” — the Kubota Group promises to continue supporting the prosperous life of humans while protecting the environment of this beautiful earth.
Kubota Corporation is listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange and prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards). For more information on Kubota, please visit www.kubota.com
It has been 49 years since the first establishment of Kubota in Europe. Over the last decades, the Kubota Corporation has shown a significant growth in the European region; particularly through the acquisition of the Norwegian agricultural implements manufacturer Kverneland Group. The European organization consists of 10 production plants and various distribution, service and sales units that offer tractors, construction machinery, industrial engines, agricultural machinery, multi-purpose vehicles and lawn care machines. Kubota in the European region is a large, international and complex organization existing of approx. 60 legal subsidiaries with around 5,000 employees and a revenue of €2.4 billion (2022). Our mission is to make the Kubota Group compete for the #1 position in our markets; not only in sales and revenue, but also in winning the trust and respect of our customers. The European headquarters are located in Nieuw-Vennep, the Netherlands.
Kubota Europe (KHE) Group Finance includes the following departments: Tax & Legal, Treasury, Financial Reporting, Non-Financial Reporting, Compliance and Internal Audit. The Kubota Europe (KHE) Group Finance function is responsible for all financial topics on group level in the Europe and our headquarter is at Klepp, Norway, but we are a virtual organization with employees also in Germany, France and the Netherlands.
Trade & General Compliance Director
To strenghten our compliance capabilties we are looking for a Group Trade and General Compliance Director to set up and manage a new Compliance team under Kubota Europe (KHE) Group Finance. Together with the rest of Group Finance Team, the Compliance Director will be responsible to ensure that the European business activities comply with laws and other rules and standards.
This role can be based in the Netherlands (Nieuw-Vennep, Amsterdam region) or Norway (Klepp, Stavanger region).
- Establish and lead the Compliance department for the European operations for Kubota Holding Europe (KHE)
- Identify compliance risk within the defined responsibility area as well as general regulatory operation and environmental compliance, establish or develop and maintain company policies
- Collaborate with other compliance managers (Treasury, SOX, and Internal Audit) to ensure that all KHE business procedures, processes, and activities are in compliance with laws and regulations
- Support the KHE product and R&D legal task force for issues related to product and general regulation
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Collaborate with Group Legal counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Lead training sessions on compliance laws for employees
- Define common goals, cooperation and strategies between Legal Department and Compliance Department as well as clear division of responsibilities.
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field
- At least 9 years of experience with a minimum of 5 in a management role
- Experience in a large complex organisation
- Proven experience with compliance matters, including, but not limited to, Trade Compliance, Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Compliance
- Proficient knowledge of industry rules and processes
- Detail-oriented and analytical mindset
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- An analytical mind able to recognize the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
You must be assertive and result oriented. The goal is to preserve the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course.
- A truly international and growing Group of companies.
- A pleasant working environment.
- Flexible working hours including hybrid office solution
One of the best things about working for Kubota is its culture, which gives all employees a chance to take on challenges regardless of age or experience. We are also taking measures to improve and reform systems and working environments to leverage the personalities and abilities of each employee and allow them to work with peace of mind.
Kubota aim to be a company with zero tolerance for discrimination or infringement on human rights for any reason, including nationality, age, gender, physical and mental ability, lifestyle, values, culture, and race. We believe that by eliminating the barriers of borders, language, prejudice, and discrimination, embracing our diversity, and trusting one another, we can create a tremendous power to pave the way for the future of humanity and our planet.
Please send an application through our recruitment system.
For more information please contact, VP Finance KHE, Tor Magne Brunes +47 95074484.
Application due 30th September 2023