Do you want to shape our story with your personality, expertise and ambitions? At Hydro we are a global family of 30 000 people that extract, produce, shape and reuse the world’s most flexible and sustainable metal into infinite innovations and applications. Click here if you would like to read more about Hydro and our operations.
Hydro Aluminium Metal a leading supplier of extrusion ingots, sheet ingots, foundry alloys, wire rods and high-purity aluminum with a global production network of around 5,000 employees. With primary metal production facilities in Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar, and recycling facilities throughout Europe and in the U.S., two-thirds of our primary aluminum production is based on renewable energy.
Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations. Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Logistics, part of the Aluminium Metal (AM) Commercial business unit, works as a strategic and operational service provider for key functions within AM. The Logistics department is divided into three functional areas: Shipping, Inbound and Outbound Logistics Operations and Logistics Projects. The services provided by these units form an important part of Hydro’s competitive position within the aluminium industry going forward.
Are you passionate about logistics and eager to take on an exciting challenge?
At Hydro, we're on the lookout for a Temporary Logistics Coordinator to join our diverse and dynamic Outbound Logistics Operations team. In this role, you will play a vital role in managing the flow of goods from our factories to customers, contributing to our commitment to excellence in logistics. If you have a background in logistics and planning and thrive in a dynamic environment, we want to hear from you.
This is a temporary engagement lasting one year, and the logistics coordinator will be working from our head office in Oslo or at our smelter at Karmøy.
- Efficient Shipment Management: Plan, execute, and follow up shipments from Norwegian smelters to our European logistics hubs and onward to customers.
- Optimization Focus: Contribute to optimizing transportation, with a strong emphasis on-time deliveries, HSE and cost-effectiveness.
- Transport and Export Documentation Execution: Prepare and dispatch necessary documentation to ensure smooth transit according to current legislation.
- Effective Communication: Maintain clear communication with transportation providers, sales offices, and production teams, both external and internal partners.
- Quality Assurance: Monitor and address any quality and process deviations in transportation, upholding our high standards.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive standardization and continuous improvement efforts to enhance our logistics processes. Enhance use of digital tools.
- Safety and Environment: Promote a safe and preventive health, safety, and environmental work environment.
- Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in logistics and/or economics.
- Relevant Experience: Experience in planning, transportation, and logistics.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Excel and a good understanding of SAP and Power-BI is desirable
- Language Proficiency: Fluent in both written and spoken Norwegian and English.
- Collaborative Mindset: Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential.
We are seeking a well-organized, and service-oriented individual who can work independently, possesses a high work capacity, and has a track record of successful execution. If you are ready to tackle daily challenges in a collaborative environment with both internal and external partners at Hydro, we encourage you to apply.
Join us in this exciting temporary role and help us streamline our logistics processes while ensuring timely deliveries to our valued customers. Apply today to make a significant impact in the world of logistics and contribute to our continued success.
Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We believe diversity drives innovation and success.
Hydro is heading in a new and exciting direction, and we depend on different perspectives to solve our tasks and meet customer needs. Building on our three core values – Care, Courage and Collaboration – we target a high performing and sustainable work environment based on inclusion of our differences. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for the position.
Apply before: October 1st
If you have any questions, please contact:
Karoline Bjone Skatvedt
Phone: (Norway +47) 90550098
(Norway +47) 464 33 363
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.