Senior Finance Analyst with strong communication skills
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Do you wish to work in a highly visible position, in a team of experienced finance professionals, close to where the top-level decisions are made?
Are you curious, proactive and possess the combination of strong analytical and excellent communication skills?
Maybe you even have a background from Investor Relations or Management Consulting and are looking for new opportunities? Then this may be the perfect next step for you!
As a Senior Finance Analyst, your key responsibility will be to analyse the Jotun Group’s financial performance and provide insights and recommendations for decision making to the Jotun Group Management and the Board of Directors. You identify improvement opportunities easily and have the initiative to drive through changes yourself. The right candidate understands the necessity of quality in the deliveries and thrives in an environment with high pace and focus on quality and continuous improvement.
The position reports to the Vice President – Group Internal Audit & Controlling.
- Conduct analysis of the full spectrum of the Jotun Group’s financial performance (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, financial risk, capital structure, financing requirements, liquidity forecasts etc.)
- Based on the analysis, develop and deliver quality reports, memos and presentations to key stakeholders, including Jotun Group Management and the Board of Directors
- Continuously develop and improve financial models and performance metrics, reporting tools and business intelligence solutions, including PowerBI reports/dashboards
- Review the financial feasibility of major investment proposals and provide recommendations to safeguard the required investment return
- Support further development of the Group’s financial management and planning systems
- Collaborate with financial controllers at the segment and regional level to ensure efficient operations and optimal allocation of the Group’s financial resources
- Assist the strategic planning processes at the Group level
- Participate in ad-hoc projects
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a person with strong analytical and communication skills. The ideal candidate enjoys keeping tabs on the big picture while being able to drill down to understand the key drivers of the business and can communicate these insights in a succinct and compelling manner. The person strives to deliver with quality in a timely manner and enjoys juggling responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
Competencies we look for:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably within a centralised Group Finance function, management consulting, investor relations, strategy/business development, or similar role.
- Master’s degree within Finance/Economics/Accounting. Experience can make up for candidates with other educational backgrounds.
- Extensive experience with PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of PowerBI is preferred
- Knowledge of IFRS is preferred
- Excellent English and Norwegian language skills – both verbally and written
- Willingness to travel internationally as part of the position.
The competencies required to succeed in this role:
- Quickly understand and analyze complex issues and problems; come up with sound and rational judgements
- Communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way; speak with authority and conviction; present effectively
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge in own area; participate in continuous professional development
- Use a methodical and systematic approach; plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
It is also great if you:
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; break away from tradition; promote change and novelty
- Co-operate well with others; share knowledge, experience and information, support others in the pursuit of team goals
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve objectives
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Continuous learning opportunities and training activities through on-the-job training and our in-house learning Jotun Academy.
- Career development opportunities across multiple disciplines and geographies
- Leaders who focus on engaging and enabling their team, proven by consistently high employee feedback scores
- A supportive and inclusive company culture where you can be your authentic self
- A focus on having fun together through team buildings and social activities
WHO WE ARE
Jotun West Europe/Scandinavia Region (WESCA) have 14 legal entities with 5 production facilities, 795 employees working in the Marine, Protective, Powder and Decorative markets. The Region is committed to an ambitious growth strategy. We believe that real value in our companies is our employees, both as individuals and as teams. We focus on providing our employees with meaningful and challenging work, rewarding them through continued learning and development, driven by our values of Loyalty, Care, Respect and Boldness. WE make it happen!
Our brand new headquarters, which includes a state-of-the-art R&D center is situated on the seaside in Sandefjord. We provide a wide range of career opportunities, within areas such as finance and administration, IT, sales and marketing, supply chain, engineering, technical, and research and development.
Visit our Career Page to know more about life at Jotun.
Jotun’s company culture welcomes and values differences in people. Our more than 10,200 employees on all continents represent 90 nationalities, four generations and diversity of professions, gender, abilities, ethnicities, beliefs, cultures etc. We are committed to represent the societies we operate in, promoting equality, equity and zero-tolerance for discrimination.
If you are applying to a position and require any additional support in the interview process, please let us know how we can accommodate this.
If you think that this role is what you could be doing next, apply now!
Please refer to DN.no in your application.