Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
We are looking for a person to analyse climate policy development and develop Statkraft’s climate policy positions and agenda in Norway, Europe and internationally. You will have the possibility to utilise your skills to influence climate policies, whilst also using your analytical abilities to assess how the transition affects energy markets and business commercially.
As Head Advisor/Senior Advisor Climate Policies in Corporate Politics and Ownership,
- Develop Statkraft’s views and positions on Norwegian, European and International Climate Regulations and Politics
- Monitor climate policies and assess how they influence the energy and industry sectors and environmental concerns.
- Analyse how climate policies and regulations affect energy markets and Statkraft’s business
- Position Statkraft’s policy views and business in the energy transition at a national, European and international level
The position belongs to the Corporate Staff area, in the Corporate Politics and Ownership team. Politics and Ownership is responsible for managing Statkraft's ownership dialogue, as well as politics and public relations in Norway and Brussels. The unit is also responsible for coordinating energy and climate policy positions and consultations. The unit plays a key role in Statkraft's work on political and regulatory issues in Norway, Europe and internationally.
As Head Advisor/Senior Advisor Climate Policies, you will report to VP Energy and Climate Policies.
We look for experienced and autonomous expert and strategic advisor with the essential skills to deliver value to our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes:
- Master’s degree in economics, social sciences or similar
- Deep insight into climate policies, including carbon markets, carbon pricing etc.
- Sound economic understanding
- Understanding of renewable energy markets
- Experience from policy development (either from government, politics, industry, business associations or similar)
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
Experiences in these areas are also useful in your role:
- Strong analytical mindset and complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing skills in Norwegian and English
- Sound presentation skills
- Ability to lead and drive projects
- International experience
- Excellent cooperation skills
At Statkraft, we’re always looking for people with great social and communication skills.
English and Norwegian language fluency is preferred.
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles (local specific)
- A company sportsclub with various activity groups, such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- The chance to enjoy a break and change of scenery in one of our amazing Statkraft cabins across the country
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Location for this role is at our HQ in Lilleaker, Oslo, Norway.
For more information about the position please contact Julie Wedege, SVP Corporate Politics & Ownership at email@example.com or Manus Pandey Labråten, VP Energy and Climate Policies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit your CV and motivational letter as soon as possible, and latest within the 30th of November 2023.