Senior Development Manager – Wilstar AS
Wilstar AS is a societal impact investment company based in Oslo, Norway, owned by Awilhelmsen AS, focused on investments around the world. In addition, we are in the process of developing Wilstar Impact Investing as an impact first, for profit investment platform. Our mission is to improve the quality of lives of people and the planet. Our focus is to invest in great people and projects to scale social impact, helping business, government, and philanthropists to be more effective funders and social purpose organisations to be more effective at delivering services. Wilstar’s work is underpinned the three core areas of Impact Investing, Venture Philanthropy and Business development. To drive the change we seek, Wilstar builds on our knowledge of effective practice in our programme areas of Education, Women’s Empowerment, Marine Conservation and Carbon Sequestration. As a values-driven organisation, accountability, integrity, respect, and humility underpin our work.
We are seeking a Senior Development Manager who will work with venture philanthropy and develop impact investing opportunities, reporting to the Managing Director of Wilstar AS and working with the Programme Manager of Wilstar, to further build the social investing practice across a diverse range of investments. The role requires broad engagement across societal value, strategy, deal sourcing and structuring, due diligence, and oversight of portfolio management.
The position builds relationships with co-investors across family offices, foundations, other social investors, and social purpose organisations in Norway and abroad, which enables Wilstar to develop innovative investment opportunities that deliver societal impact.
- support Managing Director with strategy to define the long-term vision for Wilstar to achieve its intended scale and impact
- engage as required between business development, transactional activities, portfolio management, and relationship stewardship
- oversee all aspects of the transaction process including opportunity identification, transaction origination, due diligence, structuring, documentation, investment committee approval and closing the transaction
- provide thought leadership across the eco-system, being a visible, influential, and respected voice
- support the development of investment products to achieve social and financial outcomes
- support the team to ensure practices and reporting frameworks are in place to measure societal impact
- ensure robust systems, processes and reporting frameworks are in place to ensure regulatory compliance
- oversee and convene Investment Committee
- comprehensive understanding of societal investments, execution, and portfolio management
- demonstrable expertise in societal investment decisions
- demonstrated ability to set, measure, and evaluate strategic and operational KPIs
- 10-15 years in social investment or related fields
- proven background in multi-stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- strong affiliations across the Nordics
- bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Entrepreneurship, Commerce, Law, Finance, Accounting)
- advanced degrees or professional qualifications in a related field
- proficiency in English, with Norwegian being a significant advantage, both oral and in writing
- ability to work and build trust with the Board and the owning Family to represent family values and vision and long-term legacy with the investment strategy within Wilstar’s social investment objectives
- ability to collaborate with a driven team, be proactive, foster learning, balance the workload, budget, and capacity across different areas
- exceptional communication skills and special life experiences are an advantage
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting journey in a non-profit venture which is focused on social impact and supporting people who initiate sustainable lasting change to create a better world.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact André Herlofsen on 934 80 266/ email@example.com. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.