Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Statkraft currently has operations in 20 countries, and we have an ambitious growth strategy within renewable energy. As Head of Governmental Relations in Corporate Politics and Ownership Department, you will:
- Support Statkraft’s European and International business activities on governmental affairs
- Drive and contribute to the Groups Public Affairs strategy and services for Statkraft’s International and European business activities
- Be a contact point towards Norwegian authorities and embassies for international affairs, political conferences and meetings
- Contribute to the monitoring of international and geopolitical developments, and assess implications for Statkraft and renewable energy markets
The position belongs to the Corporate Staff area, in the Corporate Politics and Ownership team. Politics and Ownership is responsible for managing Statkraft's ownership dialogue, as well as politics and public relations in Norway and Brussels. The unit is also responsible for coordinating energy and climate policy positions and consultations. The unit plays a key role in Statkraft's work on political and regulatory issues in Norway, Europe and internationally. As Head of International Affairs, you will report to SVP Corporate Politics and Ownership.
We look for an experienced head advisor with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes:
- More than ten years' experience from diplomacy, government, business organisations, international companies or similar
- Understanding and experience from public affairs work
- Deep insight into international relations or foreign affairs
- Master’s degree or similar
This is also useful in your role:
- You enjoy cooperation and have strong collaboration skills
- Strategic and analytic mindset
- Structured and operational
- Ability to work independently and drive projects
- Excellent writing skills in Norwegian and English
English and Norwegian language fluency required.
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles (local specific)
- A company sportsclub with various activity groups, such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- The chance to enjoy a break and change of scenery in one of our amazing Statkraft cabins across the country
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Location for this role is at our HQ in Lilleaker, Oslo, Norway.
For more information about the position please contact Julie Wedege, SVP Corporate Politics & Ownership at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your CV and motivational letter as soon as possible, and latest within the 4th December 2023
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.