Senior Legal Counsel - Energy / Transactions
Do you want to join a strong in-house legal team, manage legal risks, and contribute to value creation in a global portfolio?
Hydro’s Group Legal Department (GLD) is a dynamic, international team with offices in Norway, Germany, France, UK, Spain, Hungary, Singapore, Brazil, and USA, managing a global portfolio of legal matters.
GLD Oslo is based at Hydro’s head office and works at the core of Hydro’s business with large exposure to strategic and operational matters. We are seeking to strengthen our team and are looking for a high-achieving and experienced lawyer who will have a primary focus on Hydro’s energy portfolio and M&A/transaction activities in addition to a broad range of commercial matters. You will primarily assist Hydro’s energy portfolio with managing day-to-day operations as well as assisting with and managing M&A transactions.
Uncompromising integrity and excellence are at the heart of who we are. We are a team of lawyers that enjoy each other’s company and where we all contribute to maintaining and developing an inclusive culture of care, courage, and collaboration.
What we offer
- An excellent opportunity to gain in-depth insight into the strategic thinking and business of a global corporation, applying and developing your legal skills and expertise for a sustainable future.
- A visible role with many interfaces, where you apply your legal competence within a wide range of areas, tasks, and processes in combination with other highly skilled professionals.
- For the right candidate, the position offers a very attractive platform for professional and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- The position being filled is within GLD’s energy team, but portfolio and areas of responsibilities may vary over time and depends on Hydro’s needs and priorities as well as the individual lawyer’s desires and competence.
- Law degree (master level) from a Norwegian university with excellent grades. The right candidate with a UK law degree with excellent grades is also encouraged to apply.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience including experience with energy regulations and from managing M&A transactions / other transaction work. Experience with Norwegian energy regulations is an advantage.
- Excellent Norwegian and English skills, both written and verbal. Other relevant language skills will be considered positively.
- Project management skills and experience.
Who are you?
You have a commercial mindset and a desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams. You have strong integrity and work ethics, is a self-starter, and you are structured, efficient and with the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment. Your networking capabilities and communication skills, both verbal and written, are excellent.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 26/11/2023
If you have any questions, please contact:
Daniel Lindebjerg Wegner
(Norway +47) 95819198
Marte Muri Soerensen
(Norway +47) 90948996
Vennligst referer til DN.no i din søknad.