Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Hydro Aluminium Metal is a leading supplier of extrusion ingots, sheet ingots, foundry alloys, wire rods and high-purity aluminum with a global production network of around 5,000 employees. With primary metal production facilities in Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar, and recycling facilities throughout Europe and in the U.S., two-thirds of our primary aluminum production is based on renewable energy.
Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with a focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
At Hydro, we are on the lookout for a temporary Customer Responsible for Foundry Alloy to join the sales department consisting of 8 people and it is a multicultural team that works together from various locations in Europe. In this role, you will play a vital role in providing high quality service to our customers.The majority of our customers are delivering to the automotive market.
What we offer
- A role where you get huge networking opportunities all over Europe
- An international and dynamic organization, committed to a sustainable future
- Hydro offers a balanced work-life, an inclusive environment valuing diversity, and competitive rewards including salary, pension, bonuses, and stock savings
Responsibilities and challenges that will make you grow
- Support sales team in Sales Contract Negotiation – maintaining of long-term relationships and maximizing client potential
- Customer’s first point of contact
- Responsible for contract administration. Registration and follow- up of sales forecasts, contracts, sales orders, pricings and invoicing. (Systems are SAP, Customer Portal, Sales App and other IT tools)
- Good cooperation with sales directors, production, logistics, sourcing and credit management
- Responsibility for registration and follow up of quality issues in cooperation with the customer technical support team and plant responsible
- Visiting customers and Hydro plants optimizing cooperation with customers.
- Assist sales director with budget process, forecasting and contract negotiations
- Participate in development of customer portal and related business systems
- Back-up for colleagues and sales director
Qualifications that will help you get ahead
- Educational Background: A degree in a commercial education such as sales, procurement or marketing.
- Relevant Experience and Technical Skills: Experience in commercial, with use of modern IT-tools like MS office and SAP.
- Language Proficiency: Fluent in English, and if you speak French, is a huge advantage.
- Collaborative Mindset: Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential, as well as the ability to build strong relationships with customers.
We are seeking a well-organized, forward leaning and service-oriented individual who can work independently, possesses a high work capacity, and has a track record of successful execution. If you are ready to tackle daily challenges in a collaborative environment with both internal and external partners at Hydro, we encourage you to apply.
This is a temporary position with a duration of 1 year
The customer responsible will report to Head of Operations
Some business travel will be required
Bonn, Karmøy, Årdal, or Head Office Oslo.
Application deadline: February 25.th 2024
Submit your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and achievements. Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via email. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Do you have any questions, please contact:
Gøril Hatlevoll Nundal, Head of Operations
Siri Romsbotn, HR Specialist
(Norway +47) 46433363
Please refer to DN.no in your application.