Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global, and has assets worth more than 1,4 trillion USD. The fund is invested in international equity and fixed income markets and real estate. As manager of one of the world's largest funds we have developed a highly skilled investment organisation with a global outlook. We are about 650 people from 38 countries based in Oslo, London, New York and Singapore.
We are seeking a dedicated and results oriented Associate to join the Transaction Management team in Oslo. You will perform a variety of middle office functions to support trading. The ideal candidate must have interest in IT tools and be eager to learn financial products and the life-cycle of a transaction. We encourage women to apply.
The position is located in Oslo and will report to the Head of Transaction Management, Karianne Bertram.
Duties and responsibilities
If you are excited about working in a dedicated team covering a wide area of responsibilities, you could be the candidate for us. Working closely with colleagues based around the world in a global organisation, you will be given guidance as necessary, but you will also be given autonomy and responsibilities early on. You’re expected to learn new skills, display initiative and be self-driven. We can in addition promise you a lot of fun and great colleagues. Here are some of your tasks:
- Managing and settling transactions in an automated fashion
- Serve as primary coverage for pre-matching, allocation and settlements
- Supporting all asset classes and instrument types, including equities, fixed income, derivatives and real assets
- Driving development initiatives as part of a team
- Interacting with our global custodian and other vendors to manage deliveries and relationships
- Participating in project work and business process enhancement initiatives
What you need
- To succeed in this role, it's key to have strong technical skills, the capability to solve problems programmatically, and hands-on experience with Python, R, SQL, AWS, or equivalent languages and tools
- To understand and have a keen interest in learning of financial instruments and settlement operations in capital markets
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, economics, IT, or other numeric fields
Who you are:
- Build relationships with end users and external vendors
- Ability to take ownership and initiatives of issues
- Have a problem-solving mindset, and drive things forward
- Analytical creativity and intellectual curiosity with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and a high level of integrity
And finally, we hope you have an ambition to personally develop your skill-set with a strong focus on continuous learning.
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity, and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation where 38 nationalities are represented. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy, and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions. Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Are you interested?
We would love to hear from you! You can apply through the link in this ad, that will take you to the application form in our recruitment system.
Applications will be reviewed consecutively throughout the application period.
Do you have questions about the role or the team? Please contact Karianne Bertram.
Application close at 23:59 CET
Karianne Bertram, Head of Transaction Management, +47 407 28 370
Kristin Miai Birkeland, Global Talent Acquisition Partner, +47 934 32 930
Employer: Norges Bank Investment Management
Reference number: 4761824532
Percentage of full-time: 100%
Application deadline: 15/02/2024
We manage the Government Pension Fund Global, one of the world’s largest funds, with assets worth about 15,000 billion kroner, or 1.4 trillion dollars. The fund is invested in international equity and fixed-income markets as well unlisted real estate and renewable energy infrastructure. We are more than 620 people from 35 countries based in Oslo, London, New York, and Singapore. Our mission is to safeguard and build financial wealth for future generations of Norway. Please see our website for more information www.nbim.no.
Norges Bank Investment Management is subject to the Freedom of Information Act, and the list of applicants for the position is subject to public disclosure. An applicant requesting to have his or her name or other information exempt from public disclosure must provide grounds for this request. Please note that information about an applicant may be disclosed to the public even if the applicant has requested that such information be exempt.